What’s the Best Room Freshener for Home?
Updated September 17, 2021
Your home may have different kinds of smells in it. From the aroma of cooked food, smell of freshly laundered clothes, or perhaps the scent of various fragrances in bedrooms that seem to linger in the air.
Of course, there is no denying that there will be times when a funky or musty smell appears. They’re usually in the basement or from your garbage can or places that are damp.
Luckily, these odors can be eliminated with the right room freshener.
Some of the best ones are made of natural ingredients like The Crown Choice Madagascar Cookie. But there are also other commercial fresheners that do the job well.
If you truly want that stinky smell out of your home, continue reading to find out the best room freshener.
Benefits of Using the Best Room Freshener for Home
Air fresheners do come in different forms such as sprays, gels, bombs, and automatic dispensers.
But why exactly are these fragrances popular with many homeowners?
Some of the reasons could be the following:
- It helps boost one’s mood depending on the fragrance.
- It eliminates odors that may be lingering in the room.
- It leaves behind a clean and fresh scent.
- It is considerably cheaper than having to purchase an air purifier.
- It is convenient to use and install.
Types of Room Freshener
You have probably come across several kinds of air fresheners, but which one will work best for your home?
Here’s a quick guide on these air freshening products:
- Traditional freshener. This type of room freshener can be made from essential oils or dried flowers and fruit peels that are typically combined and placed in sachets. These are then placed in drawers, closets, and even in the bathroom to eliminate smells.
- Non-mechanical diffusers. These are diffusers that may or may not use heat to disperse the fragrance in the air. Take for example an evaporator diffuser wherein the scent is slowly released by plunging several sticks into the bottle containing the fragrance.
- Automatic air freshener. As the name suggests, this type of room freshener sprays the room based on the set timer. This is convenient since you don’t have to use a room freshener spray all the time because the automatic dispenser is doing it for you.
Is It Safe to Use a Room Freshener?
The best room freshener for home commercially may seem harmless. But you might not realize that you are exposing yourself, and your family, with toxins that are dangerous to your health in the long run.
That’s because these products contain volatile organic compounds, formaldehyde, phthalates, toluene, as well as benzene that can have a negative effect on your health. What’s more, there is the ingredient labeled “fragrance” which can be made from hundreds of compounds that may not be safe to be exposed to.
As much as possible, stay away from a room freshener that contains ingredients like formaldehyde, styrene, parabens, d-Limonene, acetaldehyde, and benzene as they are known carcinogens that should not be inhaled or be exposed to.
How to Make Your Own Natural Room Freshener
Installing an automatic air freshener is convenient, and it does save you the time of spraying your room, but there is another way of making your room smell great and that is by making your own natural room freshener.
KC Mum Life has a great method of making a reed diffuser by yourself.
- Small bottle with a thin neck
- Bergamot essential oil
- Jasmine essential oil
- Baby oil
- Diffuser sticks
Step 1: Fill ¼ of your bottle with your base oil which, in this case, is the baby oil.
Step 2: Add two to three drops of bergamot essential oil.
Step 3: Add two drops of jasmine essential oil.
Step 4: Shake the bottle gently to help mix the ingredients.
Step 5: Add the diffuser sticks.
Note: You can use your own choice of essential oils and decide the ratio of the oils depending on which scent you want to stand out.
Make Your Home Smell Great with the Crown Choice Madagascar Cookie
Using a commercial room freshener may be convenient, but if you want to protect yourself and your family too from all the dangerous chemicals present, then you will need The Crown Choice Air Freshener room freshener spray.
What makes this the best room freshener is that it is made from all natural ingredients. It is safe for kids and pets and not just adults. It’s also perfect for people who are sensitive to strong scents. The fragrance lasts longer too.
This is why you can spray your room with confidence.
Get to know more about The Crown Choice Room freshener here and start freshening up your home with confidence!